Thursday, May 20, 2010

The day technology abandoned me!

Getting back to "Client Location" after being home for a good 4 days is always painful...anyways I spent the friday meeting a good friend of mine in Haze Koramangala eventhough I knew I had a bus to catch in the evening...meeting this buddy of mine after a long time was really nice...after nicely settling down we ordered for two long islands and were feelin all nice when the management decided to give us a promotion and asked us to hit the terrace...one long island down we decided to have another...now I was feeelin really nice...almost two down i realise after i get a call from mum that I am late ..guzzled the rest of the LIIT and had a few large gulps of my friend s second as well cause he wasnt feelin upto it...by now i am reeling...i pay for the bill through my card and waiter goes current illa saar..need cash wonly...i have 400 bucks friend has just 1 note of 1000 and we pay the waiter...now I have a bike which has enough petrol to take me home while friend has paid all that he had to the waiter...i give him whatever remaining cash I have so that he can take an auto home...waiter comes back and so does the power..i ask him if he could return the cash and swipe my card now...waiter goes and checks with his evil boss....comes back saying sorry saar not possible...i dont have the time to argue...we leave the place in a hurry after an emotional male bonding sequence of hugs and i love u man kinda lines....phew what booze does to men...i scram home breaking god knows how many signals...thank god they dont do breath tests in the afternoon...i come home pack my stuff in a hurry...get in the car with dad and again i floor it...dad is yelling at me to slow down...i am the epitome of cool saying relax dad i know what i am doing....reach the bus station with 15 mins to spare...my throat is parched i feel like having a bottle of water...open my wallet and alli find is zilch...not one rupee...ask the bus guy where i can find the nearest ATM...he points across the road to an SBM ATM...i walk in and the security guard gets a call and he leaves...i put my card in the slot and i am waiting for the machine to swallow it and show me the please enter ur password screen..nothing happens...the darn machine is just refusing to swallow my guard...i wont give up so easily i push it further..but i can still see the darn card..i still am not givin up...i take my credit card and try to push the debit card through...still nothing happens..then this gentleman comes in and tells me I have put the card in the wrong slot...thats when it hits me!!!the slot is for the transaction slip!!what the hell was i thinkin???i pull my credit card out immediately but now i cannot see my debit card...i tried banging on the machine but no luck...the card s gone...i put my credit card in the right slot but realise that i dont have my pin number cause i have never really withdrawn cash usin my CC...so i head back to the bus i am thirsty as hell but i remembered i have to block the card first...i call up customer care and block the darn thing...i am sure the guy on the other end must have been thinkin what an idiot!! i am out of cash...thirsty as hell..i call up dad and tell him what happened...dad tells me he has only 500 bucks and he doesnt carry his debit card...so i tell him anythin will do...i tell him the coordinates as to which route the bus takes and where he can meet me...at this point i am unable to even think straight...the bus driver gives dad the directions and then my phone conks out literally..i cannot make any calls and i cant even receive any calls...i hate nokia at this point...anyways I am beiginning to think i will die of thirst and me being me i never ask a stranger for help...so asking for water is ruled out...i put my hand in my bag hopin for a miracle and lo a bottle of water...i love u amma...u r the best :)...i sip like a hungry dog...now i am feelin a lot better...and once the bus reached yeshwantpur i saw dad and the bus stopped literally just for a sec and dad handed me 1700 bucks! dad actually borrowed the cash from a friend of his...love u appa...u r the best :)...got back to client location...hot as hell...applied for a new card said it will take another 6 days for it to get here..i can live with that...got a call from dad..i tell him the story as to what happened in the atm and he calmly tells me that he knew i wasnt sober!! i felt gawd awful at that particular moment...really horrible...mum also tells me that she knew...felt sick in the gut...and dad being dad tells me to drink responsibly...again! i have been a really horrible child to my folks..making them worry about me all the time and i still cant mend my ways after umpteen mistakes all of which have been forgiven..anyways all this wouldnt have happened if my train tickets had gotten booked...they were on WL18 last time i checked...couldnt cancel the darn ticket cause irctc.co.in dint let me!! so i pretty much got screwed by technology that day and not to mention i paid for my own deeds as well

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home